Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Blunders at Beaufort

So this race was scheduled for 6pm, but I think we started more like 8:15pm...something about a bridge being hit by a barge, clogging up trafic sumthin' fierce...so they delayed it...the poor men started at like 9:30.

And the course was pretty tight, lots of sharp, tight, dark corners, and super bumpy pavement....yea, fun!!

So, it was a great race all in all. Except for this one time, I thought I was Evil Canevil and tried to squeeze on the inside of a corner and TOTALLY bumped Tina PIC almost making her go down...I felt so bad, and embarressed! Never hesitate when making a tight move, and make sure you are clearly in front of that rider, and they know it BEFORE the turn.

Ok, what else...OH YEA, we totally missed THE break...there were 2 Cheerwine, 2 Colavita, and Aarons...Gosh darnit, I was very upset I missed it...I was too far back recovering, and it was so dark, I didn't even know there were ppl off...then I just didn't react quick enough. Thank goodness for the announcer, who told us who was up there...so I finally realized "Uh Oh, the race has gone up the road"....hmmm, what to do? Well, I decided to try to help bring them back to better Shontell's chances in the sprint...Unfortuately, I was on a solo mission, and was only able to shave a few seconds off over the course of several laps...then it was obvious it wasn't coming back...

So we ended up w/ less than stellar finishes (12th and 19th)...so we went home w/ long faces...but had a good post race discussion on how to improve....so we'll see tomorrow.

It's bed time

No comments: