Saturday, July 15, 2006

Cascade Stage One: Mckenzie Pass RR

Beautiful Bend...god this place is awesome...I see why the entire country is moving here!!

The race...let's see...started WAY too slow so you know what that means...ATTACK!! So that's what I did (on my rental bike, Trek 1500..due to my bike being in shipment from Fitchburg)...and Savvy Amber Rais of Webcore was tightly glued to my wheel...and away we went! It went from a good break to a GREAT break...because it was joined by Kristen Lassaso (Lipton), Kirsten (Victory), and HERO-ko (My teamate!!)...so now we were 2 of 6 riders!

Then my sensor of my computer that HAD been attached to my fork was now loose and clacking against my spokes...and the vision of it getting lodged between my fork and wheel scared me enough for me to stop to try and adjust it...which didn't work...so I tried to rip it off the fork...finally the zip ties gave...and off it came...as well as the break (off in the distance)...I jumped back on my bike and gave it all I had...was closing the gap, then we hit a short climb...and that was it...they totally pulled away...and Hiroko was on her own!

That break stuck the rest of the race....all but 2 riders made it up the climb...Hiroko fought like a champ all the way up...and Jane and Leisolot climb awesome all 3 finished in the top 20!

Even w/ the tripple (standard issue on the rental bikes) front ring, I still lost plenty of time...I felt awful up that climb...and mentally wasn't into it...but I still get embarressed at how much time I loose on climbs! I want so desperately to be a better climber...one thing at a time, I guess!!

Jen Chapman rode an awesome race today, at the front covering tons of moves...really BEING a major part of the race...Nice work Jen! Jen Joynt also rode strong at the front....always a savvy rider! We are really starting to come together as a team!

No comments: