Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sincerest thanks!!

So, that was the last race for us as a team. It's been a great year. Full of excitement, beautiful bikes, great kits, long road trips, hard racing, long team meetings, millions of emails, blood/sweat/tears, but mostly laughter!

I have 5 new awesome friends now that I never would have met w/o my Velo Bella-Kona experiece! It was awesome to be a part of thier experience this year, they are great people, and super teammates. I have had the honor of being a part of a very unique and fabulous movement (Velo Bella) that helps encourage female riders to live life to the fullest on their bikes...a moto (hmm, not the one w/ an engine, the Maw-toe one) I now LIVE by!!

I have been showered w/ so much generosity, time, and hard work from the Velo Bella-Kona Bored (Brent Chapman, Alex Burgess, Sabine Dukes, Laura Sanchez, Julie Starling, and Cathy Boland)
... staff (all the mechanics along the way, Santa Cruz Simon who help put our road bikes together, massage therapists on the road, host families, Brent Chapman always filling in in his 'spare' time in more ways than I'll ever know, Myke Byra, etc)
...sponsors (KONA bikes rule the universe!!but I've got love for..Easton, Schwalbe, Sele San Marco, Team Estrogen, Hincapie Sportwear, Zeal Optics, Giro, Cateye, Sidie/Veltec, UC Davis Medical center, Ultimate support stands, Chris King, FSA, Whipperman Chains, Pedros, Velo City Bikes, Jed Peters, the Hendriicks...as well....I had steller support this year from this remarkable group of companies, and individuals...it take an army to keep this girl on the road!! Thanks to each of you!
...and extraneous lovers of the sport (all our families, mostly MINE;Mom/Ab/Issac/Sam/Dad/Grandmother/Grandfather/Gunnel/John/Kristina/Daniel...my awesome friends (wait I don't have any...I'll pretend)...Annette/Jen T/Kari/Emily/Heather Albert/Beth and Keck/ Sarah Uhl/Chrissy/Kat/Alisha/Nicole/Lisa Goetz/the Garage boys/co-workers and boss/Ryan Miller (coach)...but none more than my better half, my swedish ROCK that keeps me inline w/ a smile on my heart wherever I go, my lil' buggins...Michael Murdin!!

I cannot begin to thank you ALL enough! I LOVE racing my bike, and all of you make it possible for me to live my dream..so from the bottom of my pedaling soul, THANK YOU!!

OKAY, enough SAP....it's not like the season's over....come on Kele snap out of it...

Sorry, ok...so next we have Track, Crit Nats, Track, Track...sweet!!

No comments: