Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Witchy Fitchy Crit!!

Well, the game plan was to follow through w/ our 4 day work on keeping the green jersey. Which required some math from our Director, Tom Stevens on the sideline, and some sharp eyes and legs from us (especially Sarah). So, that we DID! Yea, starting w/ the first sprint 3 laps in….nice lead out, pretty much a cake walk (ha! Tell that to Anna, Hiroko, Rebecca, and Sarah)…they just MAKE it look so easy!


There were 7 sprints for points like 5 deep…so that kept the race fast…and then Sarah Ohmar countered a sprint and got away….it was quickly apparent Colavita would do what it took to solidify that move…and Lipton wasn’t too interested in chasing ….Cheerwine put in two hard moves trying to bridge, but the wind, and a strong field made it difficult….

Toward the end Sarah Ohmar was almost catching us…so it got confusing on what lap we were on…and the Gear Works Spin Art team did a lot of work to stick on Colavita and Liptons moves…but in the end it was a bunch finish (minus Sarah Ohmar close behind the peloton…and when I say close, like 10sec)…and our Sarah Uhl got 3rd in the field sprint!


All in all we met our goal! Race phenomenally well as a team! I can confidently say Anna’s hope at our first team meeting of “I hope we all walk away saying what a great experience this was no matter what the result"”...was definitely met! Racing is so awesome, I love it!!! Thanks to everyone who made it possible for me to be here….I barely came…it was a last minute decision…and the best one I’ve made in a while!! And my Dad saw me race today, a rare and relished treat!! Thanks for cheering Dad!!

Now on to Nationals…well first I’m gonna visit my grandparents in Weare, New Hampshire...about 15min from where I spent my first 6yrs of life, in Loudon, New Hampshire (you know where the race track is…for Nascar).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a blast! Good luck at the Nationals!!!!