Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tour of White Rock, Gastown, and Tour of the Delta

First of all, you should all know, I GOT MY HAIR FIXED...thanks Jen Tripplet for the info..on friday Pete Grobowlski (whatever) got married, so I HAD to get it fixed for the wedding (I don't think baseball hats are acceptable)...

The Tour of White Rock Crit was our first race in Canada...and it had a HILL!! We were pretty whipped from the 7+4hr drive post Cascade...but we were all excited to race in such a beautiful place, w/ some legendary Canadian riders. And boy oh boy they are fast...it was a tough race...we all suffered through, Leisolot was our best finisher, I attacked some, but never able to get any serious seperation, so not too affective as a teamate today...stupid hills! But, I love crits, and racing!!

Next race was Gastown...what a party! Gastown looks like a mini Philly but cleaner....and the people are nicer. The race had a great feel to it, great crowds, festival, great racers, super course...and great prizes! I wasn't feel well (progressively getting a head cold w/ constant racing) and didn't race very well, but LOVED the race, and sure hope I can come back when I'm feeling better, the course was awesome, the crowds, and announcer made it so much fun...I highly recommend it to anyone!

Next task was a wedding... Pete's (a teamate of Mikes, and good friend of many years here in Seattle). Several old and current teammates showed up in Quincey, WA for the festivities...unfortunately it was VERY hot...and the poor bride got heat stroke after the ceremony...but she recovered and was able to make it through the dinner and dancing...nice job Kate! It was fun, I love weddings, I love love...I love celebrating love...love love....love everyone....smoochy poochy...

What is wrong w/ me....maybe Kate's not the only one w/ heat stroke...

Anyway, so I drove down from BC for the wedding Fri, then drove back Sat for the crit of Tour of Delta, BC. This time I felt much better (maybe it was all the LOVE)...raced much better, got a couple primes, and made some strong moves...then put it all out for a $300 prime 3 laps to go, and missed it...then died. But really enjoyed the race. The girls raced hard!

Last team race was the RR of Tour de Delta...yipee 11 times up a hill (5mi loops)...Early on Jazz Apple and Symmetrics were dishin' out the attacks...I felt we needed to be conservative seeing as we were on lap 4...the break formed like lap 7...the girls worked hard to pull it back...and gave it 100%...but Jazz apple and Symmetrics were able to stay away...sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't!

No comments: