Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cascade TT and Crit

This year they changed the TT course...to a flat, rectangular, 6.something course....Nicole would say, "Kele this is your DREAM course"...I was tired from the day before's work...but no more than Amber Rais (Webcore)...

Jen Ruiter (Chrissy's sister) drove a follow car behind me w/ a radio...something I've never done before....I gave it a good effort, and mentally felt strong the entire ride...was dead across the line, and felt I left it all out there...but later found it was only enough for a 20th place finish...WHERE HAS MY TT FORM GONE?? Disappointing, an understatement.....ok, now accept it, learn what you can, and focus on tonight's crit...

Twilight crit....45min, flat, a less technical course than last year...again several attacks went off early...then at some point...as I remember it it was Laura Van Gilder (Lipton) I followed as she attacked for a prime (I think)...then formed a gap, Kathrine Kuri (Webcore), Marissa Asplund (CPT), Chrissy Ruiter (you better know), and later Martina (Maguire)...formed a group off the front...we worked ok together, then came money primes (which I had said I wasn't going for, NOR was I gonna try to get in a break...the plan was to sit in and try for a sprint...oops, I forgot...I love to race, no matter how bad I feel)...so I attack before the last corner on the prime lap..and take it...again, and again, and again..same plan every time...making over $500 in primes...Laura Van Gilder sits on for the entire race UNTIL a $500 prime is offered 3 laps to go...and she jumped, I couldn't stay w/ her...so I sat up, kind of knowing I was racing for 2nd anyway...then last lap attacked a LITTLE earlier than I had before...and Chrissy was tight on my wheel, and she was coming around me in the last 10m but I edged her out for a 2nd and 3rd place finish!!


What a bad then good day...thank god I have Carrie helping NOT take my losses, too seriously, or else I wouldn't have gone w/ the move in the crit..that lead to my best finish ever!!

Oh yea, we have fans!! The sign says "Velo Bella-Kona girls have the best legs!" Thanks Adam Becker the second...we love having local support from young, good-looking men!! I LOVE this sport!!

Wonder Woman wanted all my tips!! He/She rode like the wind...NICE!!

1 comment:

X Bunny said...

all you bellas did a great job--have a great time at bc superweek!