Tuesday, September 19, 2006

And we're off....


Today began w/ breakfast, then rode to the velodrome, and began our first of 2 warm-up pacelines...reconviened then did it again...then broke into groups of 3 and did 4 200m jumps...

I still need to learn the right line to come off the rail and into the first corner most efficiently...I'm so focused on going fast, I just can't think...or be smooth...I wonder when or if that will ever change.

Here's everyone chillin' after the wkt

After practice I went to the Sports Medicine Clinic to get my head screwed on right...I mean my ncck worked on...and on my way I took some shots of the 'campus'....quicklty as not to look like a tourist...

This is where get food and internet...

Cool statue like thing...

These are the funny metal statues of ppl doing different sports...we should do our own interpretations in front of them...that would be fun

Sports Med Clinic inside for head screwing on'ing...

Interesting...

So back to my medical problems...My hands fall asleep easily on the bike, and I have tons of tension on the R side of my neck, so they did Ultrasound/Electrical Stim combonation to my upper traps/leavator area...and as she's (the trainer) is setting it up she says, "I want to turn it up until it's uncomfortable", which means "Don't say stop" to me...so at some point she goes, "Ok, I'll just leave it there"...my shoulder's jerking...but it wasn't uncomfortable, just tight...but when she would go over the bone..now that was uncomfortable...but I must say it feels SO much better...good thing I'm super competitive in ALL I do!! Makes like so much more fun!! (or annoying, some would say!)

Next we went for a ride..

Smile ladies, it's a recovery ride....

Tom, Sarah Uhl are enjoying the ride...

So is Sima, Brad...

But Katherine is enjoying it the most!

Garden of the Gods...which Sarah Uhl said is Haunted, scary Mary..

I finally conned everyone into a 'photo stop'...which doubles for a Kele needs to get her lungs back stop...I get the award for most heaving up the like 1K riser today....not a good sign...but it was good to work hard...

Colby complained of major gas pains for most of the ride...

Then we had dinner, and a talk by USADA...and the take home message was if you take ANY supplements it's your ass if they are contaminated....thank god I can't afford them...that eliminates that problem...

Now it's beddy bye time...

No comments: