Monday, September 18, 2006

Call me 'Betty Homemaker'....or NOT

Again, I'm attempting a new feat in the kitchen...this time... whole wheat bread (that's basically whole wheat bread w/ added sprouted wheat berries, rolled oats, seasame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seed...)....

Here's the batter...waiting for the yeast to 'bubble'

Now I've added the flower and it's time to let it rise...

It has RISEN...

Unfortunatley...my first solo attempt at bread SUCKED!! That's normal though...I hear...for the first time...it takes time to create excellence...and I have only one way to go w/ this stuff!! Next time I'm adding more HONEY and SALT...cause BLAND is a understatement...w/ some funny aftertaste...

I did eat it w/ my eggs this AM...and w/ 4T Olive Oil, and eggs on top it wasn't too bad!!

Oh, an the sprouted beans SUCKED too...but I'm refusing to throw them out too...I can't bring myself to throw out this food that I spent so much time on...damnit! It's now 1:30 and I haven't eaten lunch because I know it's gonna be those nasty beans w/ nasty bread...but I can hardly type cause I've had 1/2 pot coffee, and two Cappucino's and min food....I'll let you know

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, that "wise" old adage: "Waste not/ want not" is the pits...