Saturday, September 23, 2006

Rainy Daize...

So today was supposed to be a rest day anyway...and seeing as it rained all day...that worked out well. The temp had dropped like 30 degrees since yesterday...and the rain cancelled the 'easy' track wkt, so we started a road ride, but the rain got worse, so we turned back..

At 11:30 we watched some Worlds, Olympic, World Cup racing....Jennie Reed sprinting, Sarah Ulmer's 3K in 3:24..., men's Madison, and the Men's Team Pursuit (Huff, Meatball, Creed, and Pate) at Worlds...it was super cool to see all those races...inspiring...4 sure

Then at 2 we had testing...on some stationary bike w/ a SRM...first one is 10 sec and the second is 30....so we all met in the mechanics room, warmed up then tested...and that was it...sounds easy huh? Yea, that's what I thought...

Before...

During...and I didn't end w/ a 'good' result comparative to my fellow campers...Speedy Sarah Uhl won the women AND Girled ALL the men...she had the highest power/wt for 5 sec of EVERYONE, hells yea...go girl! Sarah Carabella won the 30sec one for the women, and Ben Jacques-Maniacs won both the 5 and 30 sec for the boys..

Here are more warm up/cool down shots...of roadie on rollers..

Sima Strap...cheezin' 4 the cam...

Phil Z-eye-check rockin' the bibs...you can't see in this shot, but THESE bibs have hole so his belly can hang out...if he had one..but luckily he doesn't...

Katherine learns to ride rollers!!!! YEAY! Nice job Katherine, welcome to the club of those who can BARELY ride rollers...I fell off my rollers prob 13times trying to go no handed, then looking from over my L to over my R shoulder...Katherine Carroll helped me count the number of times I fell off....

Luckily here Sarah T and I are still upright...

Allison Powers seriously can ride the rollers DUDE!...

Kat is so pro, never even wobbled...and she took 3rd in BOTH tests..now if she can make it through the warm up, she's gonna tear some legs off on the track very soon!!

Also on this day Allison took me through one of the best core workouts ever! And now I'm so sore, I can hardly laugh!

No comments: