Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fred Crappy

So we started racing tonight. First was the 200m TT (my Favorite)...and all I can say is I wasn't last...that person didn't know there was a 200m and had no warm up and a tiny gear on...but I beat her...by like .000001...
Jennie Reed rolled a 11.27 (smokin' fast), Sarah Uhl did a 12.2 (super duper), Carrie Higgins had a 12.8 (I think), I had a 13.0..blaa blaa blaa

Next was the 5mile scratch race (just a crit)...I tried a few moves..but my positioning in the attack (like where and when I attacked) was off...and ya know I really should know better...aagghh...so no attacks went anywhere, so I decided to sit and wait...and got 4th aagghhrrrr...I had Jennie's wheel 2 laps to go and didn't fight for it...results:Jennie Reed, Sarah Uhl, Laura Kropsh (not right, sorry), and me, then Maranda Duff, and Renee Eastman.

Finally we had the Kerin. I pulled 1 spot....and instantly Jennie and Sarah jumped me...so I fought for 3rd, and won...then fought x2 to hold it through the next 4 laps...then w/ 1.5 to go it was clear Sarah and Jennie were working together (EDIT: I have been informed, my novice eyes were WRONG, they were NOT working together)...and saw them jump, and tried to respond but my legs had other ideas....I ended 5th. Results:Jennie Reed, Sarah Uhl, Carrie Higgins, Maranda Duff, Me, Renee Eastman.

Then we all went to dinner to the one place I've been to before. I was fun to hang out w/ new people. Looking forward to day 2.

Good nite

No comments: