Saturday, September 30, 2006

Las Angeles...catastrophe

So, in my preparation to come here....I had printed all the mapquest directions from airport to host, host to track, track to airport, airport to new host, etc, etc....

So, on the plane, I re-organized my directions, consoladated everything, then paper clipped it all, w/ a map of LA....PERFECT..

As I'm waiting for the shuttle to take me to my rental car....I realize I've lost that great packet...so now all I have is my host family's phone number and it's 10:30PM...I call and she's obviously asleep...I couldn't bring myslef to bother her w/ directions. So, I called Mike...no answer...called again, nothing....called again left a 'Colorful' message, something like, "Gee, these cell phones work better in emergencies, if the second person ANSWERS"...

So, I decided to search for internet access in LA at 11:30...get the address from my email, then mapquest it...and after some driving around the LAX airport....I stumbled upon a Travelodge..'oh, I bet they have internet for their guest'...and they did, the kind you pay $5.00 for 5min...and it's so slow you want to shoot yourself...but I got what I needed...and finally at ~1AM I arrived at Alex Trabata (?)'s house...

No comments: