Saturday, September 30, 2006

Last Day of Camp...Koom-Bye-Ya

Let's see, it was almost a week ago now. The last day of camp was busy.

We did the 2k and 3k TTs...Allison Powers came the closest to meeting the times....I was able to get a reminder of the pain involved in a 3k, especially w/ some good fatigue on board!

In the PM, we had this motor race. The motor sits on the blue line at some pre-arranged speed (doable fast)...then if you WANT you can dive down to the black and 'take a lap'...then whomever has done that the most WINS.

Yea, so my goal was to hang on the motor....stay out of the wind, and be there for the duration. At my last track camp experience...I attempted to take a lap, unsuccessfully and then got dropped, and really struggled to recover...lesson learned....conserve and survive...was the plan...

It worked until (oh, the person behind the motor couldn't stay there longer than 2 laps) I ended up on the motor, and I swear to God he was going faster...so after my 2 laps at mock speed, I couldn't get back in...so had to rest...then I realized I had to jet, in order to make the shuttle to the airport. Good hard work!

Then Shuttle w/ Liza...flight to Denver was easy (15min)...then home...My bike bag now only has ONE wheel, so it's a HUGE pain to carry...w/ 2 bikes in it....whatever, I made it!

No comments: