Friday, September 15, 2006

The Napkin Ride


Ok, so today consisted of moving from my apartment to host housing (thanks to Sarah for giving me her room while she races Parker)...I had to carry all my stuff about 1/4mi...and it took 3 trips, and my beans spilled all over me...and I dropped the eggs in these nice ppls house...man oh man...otherwise it was smooth as butta

I'm staying in town to ride the track...I have NO desire to go to a stage race...all that's left on my schedule is track....so why race the road?? And travel, and move, and pay more money, and have to climb? When I can sit on my happy butt here and work on my weaknesses on the track?

So I went for a road ride (speaking of working on the track...I was told NOT to ride track today...to recover...which I've learned takes 15million times longer at altitude....and I think this must be what old ppl feel like everyday...)...it was the Napkin ride...at dinner Sarah drew a detailed map and reviewed it clearly w/ me...and it was PERFECT, she's a great map drawer...(not a drawer...draw-er...hmmm, not sure, Zoe??) anywho....it was beautiful....and of course I took photos..

This ride came complete with waterfalls....

dirt roads...for climbing AND decending...I almost ate it twice, gocking at the goergous scenery, and just being a dork...(Gock? Hmm, I wonder)

Uh oh, here I go again, gettin' HIGH in Colorado....there's the city WAY down there...it's so cool to ride up like this, you feel so far away..but it's only like 1hr up...neat-toe


In the meantime...I've been trying to cook some black and soy beans ALL FREAKIN DAY...the chart said the black beans would take 1-1.5hrs (more like 6) and the soy said 4 (it's been 6 and they are rock hard)....I did the 'quick soak' then left them overnight AS WELL...so I have no idea why it's taking so long.

I sprouted some mung beans last week and it was a great salad...can you sprout all beans?? Cause I've had these black and adzuki beans 'sproutin' for 3 days and nothing....but the wheat berries are ready...what gives??

ok...well it's 9:40...and this park bench outside my old hotel is killing my back....and I'm afraid I'm gonna get mugged soon...so that's all for today...

Did you notice I added my email to the template? That is the ONE AND ONLY good thing about Blogger Beta..easy changes to the template....but not worth giving up the photos.....

Happy Friday (ooh ooh great movie...back in 'the day')

No comments: