Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday Sunshine! Day 5 of camp...

The morning today was beautiful....the mountains were 1/2 white with new snow...it was clear and sunny, and crisp!

Today we did 200m TTs in groups of 3....in a tiny gear, flying...then we put on our TT bars and did 1K TTs in groups of 3...

Colby suggested I use a negative stem to get my arms lower, so we swapped it out...he also noticed how squished I am and suggested I buy a set back seat post for my mass start position...and so I'm off to Colorado Cyclist to buy a seat post...

The workout was great...hard efforts. My legs are struggling to keep up. I don't know if I've ever done this many consecutive days on the track bike...my brain wants to go more and more, but my legs are protesting...so I got a rub at the Sports Medicine clinic...very nice...

In the afternoon we went for a road ride, and stopped by a park where Ben Jacques-Maniac and Brad Pitt, I mean Brian Smith were racing cross...we cheered them on...then I rode to the bike shop...

Ate dinner, and now I'm blogging. Man, I'm tired...I'm ready for bed but it's only 7pm. I have to pack up and go home tomorrow....YUCK, I hate packing my bike..especially when I have 2 bikes in a case for one, which means squeeze-o-rama...

One more day...tomorrow is 3K in the AM....I want to do well, as always..but am feeling a little hamburgeresque...I'll give it all I've got, that's all I can do!!

Sorry no photos today...my batteries are exhausted...like me!

1 comment:

Old as dirt said...

Don't go to Colorado Cyclist....Go to Excel, They're the best.
Ask for Ira, or Bruce