Saturday, September 30, 2006

Embarressment and coffee shops...in LA


This AM started early...6:30am, Alex was nice to wake me gently! We chatted over coffee...then headed to the track...

As I'm putting my bikes together...up rolls Ms. Uhl...yea!! Friends!! And the TIAA Crefft?, Creff...whatever, the boys in blue!

So, by the time I get in the 'blue boys' are already mid way thru their warm up...as I'm getting ready, I figured since I didn't let the air OUT of the front, it should be fine (last time I rode it was Alpenrose, late AUG....smart, I know)...so, I roll onto the track and w/in the first corner....SLIDE, crash, and burn....EMBARRESSING...the bike's fine, my arm is missing a little sking, and my ego was bruised...oh and I landed on the same hip that has a tegaderm on it from last weekend....

So, the next attempt I basically did a standing start to ensure I wouldn't fall again...I forgot how different this track is...and my tires suck for it....oh, I put more air in the front....

Ok...today was a Moderate day..just feeling out the track (kinda literally for me there)...so a couple jumps, a 500, and feel the position...all went well




Then I headed over to where Sarah is staying and Jennie Reed was there....Sarah had prepared a wonderful lunch of mixed veggies and brown rice...next we found a coffee shop...and here we are...2hrs later....




These two are "THE Coffee Connoisseur's Extraordinaire"...I'm slowly learning how to be a 'coffee snob'...and Starbucks is a NO (says Sarah, because she's not from Seattle) rule number one....then there are rules about foam, temp, bitterness, ambiance...and here I just thought it was about free Internet and stories with friends!! I have so much to learn!

No comments: