Friday, September 15, 2006

Fred Crappy 2

href="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/4709/1846/1600/DSCN1510.jpg">
So I had a great lazy day...slept in, went to the coffee shop for several hrs w/ great company...

This is a picture of 'The best coffee in North America, with it's PERFECT velvity foam'...as dubbed by Jennie Reed...check them out next time you are in town!!

then I headed to the cafeteria at the OTC for lunch, then mooched off the free Wi Fi there...then met w/ Colby...then raced...

So tonight was...Sprints and Points.
"I love Sprint, I love Sprints"....was my attempt at getting 'into' it...Let's see how did it go? Well....I"m learing a lot in my head, and still struggle w/ exicuting it....there is so little time....my thinking takes too long then the race is over and I'm pissed....but I'm trying...Jennie had told me about being at the rail...and how far back to be....so I worked on that....then didn't know what to do after the corner...and pretty much rode shoulder to shoulder w/ Carrie Higgins till she went faster than me, and I tried to get on her wheel...and she won!

My next sprint...I went hard from the gun, she got on me and I waited too long to pull up, then tried to get behind her and take a run...but never came around her....So I learned, pull up the instant you can see them in your purr-if-real-al vision, make her think you're done and go again, but once you commit, go full gas.

So overall...guess who won??? Jennie Reed, then Sarah Uhl, then Carrie Higgins, then Maranda Duff...and I was butt last...but learned tons...

Yea, Points race. I decided to chill early, there were 8 sprints...and Sarah Uhl seemed to be doing the same...so I felt safe...I think Jennie took both first 2...but some how I took the third sprint, w/ some room behind me...so I kept going....Jennie and Sarah joined me and we rotated...until the sprint and Sarah jumped, and I think I took 2nd, then we resumed rotating, then I think I took the next one..then Jennie blew (hmm, maybe it had something to do w/ the 98inch gear she had on?? PSYCHO!!!)..and Renee Eastman joined the game....and now I had passed Jennie, and Sarah and I were tied for first going into the final sprint...and guess who took it...Sarah the World champion sprinter...fancy that...but I am very pleased w/ second place...it was a good race...and I raced it...everyone did...fun, hard, fun

Then we went to dinner at Old Chicago....which was a blast, Sarah, Jennie, and Mike Freedman were all in good spirits...lots of laughs...good times!

Good night...life is good

No comments: